Luxurious & Bright Dining Corner
Our first post is dedicated to one of the most swoon-worthy dining corners we have ever come across, which was designed and styled by the very talented Jonathan Adler. Here at Home Design Sleuth, we love everything Jonathan Adler – luxury, quality and life emanate from each of his designs, which is why we’ve chosen this style to be the first we re-create using high street & online shops.
We hope you find our alternative picks below worthy of this design masterpiece.
Click on any image to be re-directed to the website on which you can purchase it:
This West Elm Silhouette Pedestal Dining Table (£899) features a similar look to the Jonathan Adler design above with a combination of an antique brass base and a marble top. We believe it would be a very elegant alternative to complete the desired look.
However, if you would prefer to keep the spirit of the design, but bring the price tag down, we would recommend, this Made.com Haku Round Table (£229). This table, although quite different from the Jonathan Adler design, has it’s own sleek, delicate and modern design. Combining a brass structure with smoked glass, it would work well with the deep blues and greys in the cushions.
Our favourite pick from the high street of chairs with which to recreate the Jonathan Adler look was this beauty from West Elm (they really do have some beautifully delicate pieces!). The light bronze legs and the light taupe velvet of the Finley Low-Back Velvet Dining Chair (£249) allow it to pair seamlessly with either of our table choices above.
This is definitely the kind of rug on which we’d love to roll around. The lustrous shaggy pile would be the perfect complement to brass of either of the alternative tables and the chair. This Polar Cream Shaggy Rug from online rug retailer, Modern Rugs, comes in various sizes and is really great value at £89 for a L120cm x W170cm.
Alternatively, for those loyal John Lewis shoppers, the John Lewis Plush Shaggy Rug, Pearl (£300) is also gorgeous and handwoven. It is also currently available in L120cm x W170cm.
4. Statement Ceiling Lighting:
In our search of the high street shops, we couldn’t find anything quite like the Jonathan Adler chandelier, which is absolutely gorgeous. However, we did find a couple of similarly eye-catching pieces. The first piece is the Graham & Green Starburst Chandelier (£595), made out of iron it has a bronze colouring and 12 individual lights that would light up any room.
An additional alternative statement fixture is this beautiful geometric pendant, also from Graham & Green. The Drago Brass Pendant (£325) would be a more subtle statement (oxymoron?) to the dining area, while still giving the designer feel. We should warn that while we think it would fit beautifully with the suggested alternative decor, the colouring of this pendant is more of a rose gold (as opposed to the bronze colouring of all the other pieces above).
5. Assortment of Cushions:
One of the reasons we fell in love with this dining room was the luxury in the decadence of cushions. Who doesn’t love the look of cushions on cushions on cushions?! Above are some of our favourite ones available in the the blue, yellow, gold colour scheme that are currently available on the high street. Either click on the number or link below to shop these picks!
- Made.com Ryker Embroidered Cushion, Blue, 45x45cm £20
- John Lewis Fusion Ikat Cushion, Saffron, 40x30cm, £15
- John Lewis Fusion Ikat Cushion, Indigo, 40x30cm, £15
- Ikea Stockholm 2017 striped blue/white, 50x50cm, £13
- Next, Wooly Geo Cushion, 50x50cm, £20
- Ryker Embroidered Cushion, Ochre, 45x45cm £22
- Ikea Stockholm 2017 blue/white, 50x50cm, £13
- West Elm Lush Crinkle Velvet Cushion Cover – Dark Nightshade, 46x46cm £29
- Habitat Evelyn Yellow Patterned Cushion, 45x45cm, £15
- Made.com Trio, Mustard 25x25cm, £20
- Made.com Tesserae, 50x50cm,£22
- John Lewis Harlequin Arkona Velvet Cushion, Linden, 30x42cm, £30
6. Statement Vases
Can we just take a moment to remind ourselves of the beautiful metallic/blue vases above? Stunning, right?! While we can’t provide the exact alternative we’ve rounded up some of the most beautifully unique blue and metallic vases we could find at good prices. Our personal favourite: vase number 1, the Cox & Cox Blue Marbled Finish Vase, which is only £11.25 (down from £45)!! Click the corresponding number or any link below to buy your favourite(s)!
- Cox & Cox Blue Marbled Finish Vase, H 20 x Dia. 15cm, £11.25
- West Elm Metallic Banded Vase, Small: 15 cm w x 8.5 cm d x 28 cm h. / Medium: 17 cm w x 10 cm d x 34 cm h. / Large: 22 cm w x 13 cm d x 42 cm h., £29- £49
- John Lewis Voyage Elemental Oceanus Egg Vase, Sapphire, H24.5 x D19.5cm, £63
- Graham & Green Blue Geometric Vase, H 14cm x W 19cm, £30
- Tesco Fox & Ivy Small Diamond Cut Teal Vase, H19cm x W16cm, £9
- John Lewis Voyage Elemental Thalassa Large Vessel, Sapphire, H50.5 x D16cm £73
- Tesco Fox & Ivy Large Diamond Cut Vase, H31cm x W14cm, £12
7. Ochre-coloured artwork:
Pieces of art work are probably some of the most difficult decor items to source, as they tend to be subject to individual tastes. We’ve managed to put together a few reasonably-priced pieces that champion the ochre / mustard colour, as well as the bronze, golds and the blues of the design pieces. Again, just click on the corresponding numbers above or any of the links below to shop any the items.
- desenio.co.uk Ancient Door Poster, 50x70cm £21.95
- juniqe.co.uk Succulent Bouquet, 80x120cm £175.90
- desenio.co.uk Gold Door Poster, 50x70cm £21.95
- iamfy.co Golden Geo Art Print, 84x119cm, £64
- juniqe.co.uk Sonnentanz, 80x120cm, £175.90
- juniqe.co.uk Inca Sun, 40x60cm, £75.90
We hope you found our first post helpful, if not just pleasing to view! Let us know if you have any home design inspiration you’d like to make a reality!
Until next time! x